BESTDRIVER chauffeur service – conditions for all reservations and bookings
One-Way Transfer + Hourly Booking
- Free cancellation until 24 hours before start time.
- 100% of the original price for cancellations made after 23h 59 min before start time and in event of a passenger No-Show.
- If the User or passenger does not show up within sixty (60) minutes after the agreed pickup time (or scheduled arrival time) at the agreed pickup location, and neither informs BestDriver via telephone or is contactable via the telephone number provided in the booking, the User is still obligated to pay the full price of the Service Agreement..
- If the User or passenger ever requires additional waiting time, the passenger must inform the Service Provider to wait.
- If the User or passenger does not show up within fifteen (15) minutes after the agreed pickup time at the agreed pickup location, and the passenger cannot be contacted via the telephone number provided in the booking, this shall be considered a No-Show and the User is obligated to pay the full price of the Service Agreement.
- If the User or passenger ever requires additional waiting time, the passenger must inform the Driver to wait.
- If the User or passenger does not show up at the agreed pickup time at the agreed pickup location without having cancelled the booking and the hours booked have expired, the User is obligated to pay the full price of the Service Agreement.
- The first 60 minutes of waiting time after the agreed pick-up time are free of charge, only if the User provides the airline and flight number that the passenger will be arriving from. Your driver will check for changes to the scheduled arrival time and the agreed pickup time shall be updated to the flight’s actual arrival time.
- After the first 60 minutes, all additional waiting time will be charged in 15 minute blocks at 10 EUR, plus applicable tax. The User or passenger must inform the Driver to wait.
- For strict pick-up time at airport, the User must not include the flight details in the booking request; but rather the exact terminal and gate. The One-way Booking Conditions shall apply.
- The first 15 of minutes waiting time (beginning with scheduled pick-up time) are free of charge.
- After the first 15 minutes, additional waiting time will be charged in 15 minute blocks at 10 EUR, plus applicable tax. The User or passenger must inform the Driver to wait.
- For hourly bookings the Driver will remain at the agreed pick-up location until the hours booked have expired. To extend the time booked, the User or passenger must inform the Driver (see Extra Time below).
- Any additional waiting time shall be subject to surcharge as additional waiting time.
- Hourly bookings include the hours that are stated on the booking form. It is only possible to add Extra Time in 1 hour blocks to the original booking. Each additional block of Extra Time is subject to surcharge and is calculated according to the original hourly rate of the booking.
- One-way bookings include the kilometers that are necessary to get from the scheduled pick-up point to the booked destination.
- Hourly bookings are associated with maximum kilometers included which is indicated at time of booking.
Special Requests & Additional Services:
- The provision of Additional Services (Extra Waiting Time, Extra Mileage, Extra Time) or Special Requests (e.g., excess/bulk luggage, language proficiency) cannot be guaranteed. Should the Service Provider accept the provision of such Additional Services/Special Requests, applicable fees may be amended to the Service Agreement and the invoice amount will be updated accordingly. Users are advised to check with Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting a Special Request.
- If the User books a ride for another person, the User is still required to pay any Additional Services (e.g. extra time, additional stops) that the passenger requests from the Service Provider, assuming that the Service Provider accepts the provision of such Additional Services. If the User does not want to allow the booking of Additional Services, it is his/her obligation to communicate this to the passenger directly.
- For hourly bookings, drop off locations outside the city district of the pick-up location are subject to additional fees (e.g. Tolls, expenses for chauffeur making return trip).
Luggage and Animals
- User must state as additional comment at time of booking for the transport of excess luggage, bulky luggage, or animals. Service Providers reserve the right to decline transportation service should such special accommodations not be part of the booking and the Service Provider cannot accommodate at time of pick-up.
Transportation of Children
- The German law requires children under 13 and smaller than 1.5 meters to ride in an approved car seat or a booster seat.
- In general, the Users are responsible for requesting safety seats for children by submitting additional comment specifying the number and age of children that will be transported as part of the booking. When in doubt, User should specify as part of the Booking Request in additional comments to ensure that the Service Provider will accommodate such request.
- For safety and legal compliance, BestDriver reserve the right to decline transportation service should such special accommodations not be part of the booking and the Service Provider cannot accommodate at time of pick-up.
Responsibilities of Users and Passengers:
Pick-up and Drop-off Time
- Safety is of utmost importance. The Drivers must drive according to road and traffic conditions and cannot guarantee drop-off times.
- The User is responsible for booking a pick-up time in consideration of their desired drop-off time. We recommend using tools such as Google Maps for estimating approximate ride duration.
- For Airport drop-offs, we recommend following Airline guidelines to ensure you also allow sufficient time for check-in and boarding.
Prevention of Carriage
- If the User or passenger decides to refrain from carrying out a journey, because the Service Provider is unable to correctly transport the passengers, including children, animals and/or cannot transport extra or bulky luggage due to failure of the User to communicate transport requirements as stated above, the full amount of the agreed fees for the journey remains payable, less possible expenses saved.
- The same applies if the User or passenger does not make the journey, because the Driver refrains from carrying out the transport service because the User or passenger requires special accommodations which the Service Provider did not previously agree to.
Behavior in the Vehicle
- It is prohibited to smoke in the vehicle and the use of seat belts is mandatory.
- The vehicle is to be treated with care by the passengers.
- Unless the User explicitly requested as part of booking request, or the Service Provider additionally agrees, the Service Provider reserves the right to refuse the performance of the Service Agreement or end the journey if the User or passenger does not comply with these requirements or conducts disorderly despite a request by the Driver. Disorderly conduct includes, but is not limited to, vandalism, refusal to fasten seat belts, and activities that may make the Driver feel unsafe or uncomfortable. In such case the full amount of the agreed fees remains payable, less possible expenses saved. Furthermore, the Driver may claim compensation from the User or passenger of costs and expenses incurred for the necessary repair of damages to the vehicle or the cleaning of dirt in the vehicle exceeding the usual scope, that have been caused or inflicted by the passenger.
- The limitations established for the agreed booking class apply respectively, particularly regarding the number of passengers to be transported and the volume of luggage in case of passenger transport services.
- The vehicle images shown on the Platform strictly serve as illustrative examples of the class of vehicle that will be used – in particular, regional differences are possible.
Refusal of Services for Unlawful Purposes
- The Driver may refuse the performance of the Service Agreement if she/he reasonably believes that the User or passenger(s) belongs to an unlawful organization, or uses the Services in an unlawful manner or for unlawful purposes.